5.19.2009

Finger Lickin Good

Becky's Basic Pork Ribs

All you need to make this recipe is one slab of baby back pork ribs (try to find ones that look lean since there is plenty of flavorful fat hidden) and your favorite bottle of BBQ sauce.

Talk about simple - all I do is generously salt (I use garlic salt) and pepper the ribs. Be sure to do both sides. I put them on a rack in a pan (no rack, no worry), add ½ c. water and cover it tightly with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours. I use my broiler pan but you may have a nice pan with its own lid, so use that. If anyone wants to buy me a nice rectangular pan with its own lid, feel free to do so.

At the end of the 3 hours (try not to peek since you will never really get that foil back on) I drain the liquid, remove the rack and flip the ribs over so the leaner bony side is on top. Preheat the broiler, spread sauce on the meat and broil until very dark and sauce is thick and sticky. Flip and repeat on top side. Of course, these can be done on an outdoor grill too after you have baked them in your oven.

*Becky Knows Everything: Many people use a rub on the meat and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Frankly, I don’t do this because it never tasted any different to me after the sauce went on. But if you want a rub, there are many available out there.

*Becky Knows Everything DOUBLETIME: My favorite sauce is a Cincinnati special - Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce. You can order it from their website.

No comments: