5.10.2010

A Wonderful Cincinnati Week

Well, what a time I have had! I recently traveled to Cincinnati to both visit my friends and to attend a baby shower for my daughter-in-law, Stephanie. That’s right, Becky is about to become a BABA – that’s what my Macedonian heritage calls a grandma. I have been doubly blessed as our daughter Adrienne is also expecting a baby in late September.

Since my Stephanie is due in late June two of my dearest friends, Pat and Teri hosted a lovely baby shower for her. I came to Cincinnati from Rochester and Adie came in from Boston and of course Stephanie (and Andy too) were in from LA.

I had the best week ever. First on the journey I stopped in Lorain to see my Mom who is a nutty as ever (more on that trip later), then I continued south to Cincinnati. I arrived on Wednesday around noon and immediately met my good friend and former neighbor Kathy for a fun, quick lunch. I was staying at Kathy’s for a few nights and I was so looking forward to hanging out with Kathy and her very cute and funny husband, Tony.

They lived up to my expectations, complete with a lovely private room and bath, wine, appetizers, a beautiful buffet breakfast and even an intercom system to entertain me. It was like staying at a very posh bread and breakfast that included wine and pizza and laughs. Kathy’s home looked beautiful and I was proud to say I helped her with its design. Her dog Millie was charming as always and we got to sit on her deck with all her flowers blooming – Kathy is a world class gardener and it was all so pretty. As a matter of fact when Andy was married, Kathy told me what to buy and she came over and planted my pots for me – they were gorgeous. We had a great time.

On Sunday (after spending a few days visiting friends and having such a fun time) the baby shower took place. Stephanie received lovely gifts from friends and family. Teri and Pat had an incredible buffet with so many choices – chicken salad, marinated sundried tomatoes with cream cheese, turkey and spinach rollups and so many other items, including a lavish spread of sweets from Cincinnati’s premiere bakery The BonBonerie.

It was so nice for me to be surrounded by my friends, my two daughters (both expecting baby boys) and to feel the friendship and love I always feel when I am “home.” Here is a photo of Steph at the shower holding a quilt Mike's mom made for the new baby.



No comments: