7.18.2009

A Philly Fourth

Fourth of July weekend was spent in Philadelphia this year. Mike and I attended a lovely wedding which I will blog about soon.

When you think of Philadelphia what comes to mind? The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (apparently it’s where the Declaration of Independence was signed), Sylvester Stallone running up the steps in Rocky, the Philadelphia Phillies and their new stadium, Valley Forge, cheese steaks? Well, not for me. When I think of Philly, I think of the nearby KING OF PRUSSIA MALL!

While Mike and our son-in-law, the great Jimmy, went to Valley Forge (Jimmy is from Philadelphia and has been going on field trips there since second grade), I had the real fun on my favorite kind of field trip – to a gigantic mall.

King of Prussia Mall (the largest mall on the East Coast) has over 400 shops and restaurants, a
NORDSTROM (and a really good Nordstrom at that), tons of food, a Legal Seafood for lunch and all sorts of interesting non-chain stores. Please, how many Victoria Secrets do we need in the world? It’s divided into three sections and you can find pretty much anything there you could ever want. Anyway, my daughter, her friend Sarah and I shopped and lunched and had the best time. Not getting to see the Liberty Bell frankly didn’t bother me one bit. It will still be there next time, right? If you get anywhere near Philly, check out this great mall. More on the wedding itself later.

No comments: